Friday, January 22, 2010

Not you, Weinbl.

My adviser told me I couldn't take his limited-enrollment studio unless I agreed to not dominate the conversation and let the other kids try to answer questions even if I know the answer. How do you respond to that?? Hold on while I go look up the answer in my diary from middle school. Jeez...

I told him to give me a cue when I should back off. I'm imagining a variation on Jim Marvin's hand-wave of "More alto! More alto! More alto! Not you, Weinbl."*

But if nothing else, I can always find a way to blame Ben. To wit:

Me: so my program has this required session tomorrow on how to play well with others.
Ben: is there a follow up session called "what to do when you discover the others are idiots"?

This is the source of all my problems. File under: What I'll Learn Tomorrow.


*using my fas surname as a super-sneaky pseudonym for the googlebot

No comments:

Post a Comment