Monday, February 23, 2009

I think I'm going to be giving up this travel blogging thing, because typing up my journal really takes much longer than I expected. So I say au revoir (with a really revolting French accent, but Jenny is tutoring me) with a couple lists.

Favorite names for Underground stops:
  • Elephant & Castle
  • Tooting Broadway
  • Cutty Sark
  • Cockfosters
  • Barking
  • Ickenham
  • Bounds Green
  • Swiss Cottage
  • Wembley Park
  • Canada Water
  • Heron Quays
  • Shepherd's Bush
  • Mile End
  • Stepney Green
  • Burnt Oak
  • Chalk Farm
Favorite names of varieties of roses in Regent's Park, as indicated by little signs next to thoroughly dead twigs in the ground:
  • Perestroika
  • Top Marks
  • Yesterday
  • Buff Beauty
  • Golden Celebrations
  • Wife of Bath
  • Vidal Sassoon
  • Eye Paint
  • Eye Opener
  • The Times
  • Razzle Dazzle
  • Bruce
  • Summerfield Miranda
  • Tiddles
  • Conspicuous
  • Dr. Eckener
  • Narrow Waters
  • Tall Story
  • Falstaff
  • Cardinal Richelou
  • Mayor of Casterbridge
Bon voyage! (you mean bon voya-guh)

1 comment:

  1. Cockfosters and Elephant and Castle were my two favorite as well. Cause come on. They rule.

    ReplyDelete