Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I suck at British

Four consecutive tweets:

Apparently the British for "emergency room" is Casualty. As in "she's going into labor, we have to get to a Casualty." How morbid is that?


And there's a BBC soap called Casualty (like ER), but for the longest time I misread it as Causality, which sounds like a much better show.

Crap I meant "she's going into labour." I suck at British. It's labour for all meanings of labor, right? She isn't switching parties...

oh god and there's no article for hospital. "She's going into labour, we have to get to Casualty." There. Glad I have no British followers...




Anglophilia fail.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I'm fairly certain that one would say "going to hospital" in that context. That is how I remember hearing it said, at least.

    Also, you should give Casualty a shot - it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete